ROYAL MAIL CELEBRATES 50 YEARS OF DAD’S ARMY WITH SPECIAL STAMPS
• A set of eight stamps will be issued to mark the 50th anniversary of the classic TV comedy, Dad’s Army
• The stamps celebrate the key characters together with their most memorable catchphrases
• Private Pike actor, Ian Lavender, said of appearing on a stamp: “It’s overwhelming..!”
• Written by David Croft and Jimmy Perry, Dad’s Army focused on the exploits of a Home Guard platoon and was originally broadcast from 1968 to 1977
• Spanning nine series and three Christmas specials, Dad’s Army regularly attracted audiences of more than 18 million and continues to be repeated today
• The programme was set in the fictional town of Walmington-on-Sea on the south coast of England
• The stamps and souvenir products can be pre-ordered now from www.royalmail.com/dadsarmy and are available from 7,000 Post Offices nationwide from 26 June 2018
The museum was pleased to host the publicity photo shoot for the stamps.
More pictures below or click here for the video from ITN News.